Autor Thema: Captain Future on VHS in North America  (Gelesen 3420 mal)

Offline Primus_Abraxus

• Eek & Oog
  • I'm not King Wrecker!
Captain Future on VHS in North America
« am: 26. Oktober 2002, 03:34:04 Uhr »
Hi all,

I noticed that there are supposed to be 5 VHS releases of captain future in the States. I have only seen three - Captain Future,The Adventures of Captain Future V 1 & V 2.

Does anyone know if Captain Future Space Hero & Captain Future Special Agents & Alien Cutthroats are available in North America in NTSC format?  Or are these releases only available in the U.K. in PAL format?

Offline VeryShyGuy

• name = agenda
  • Area-Member
  • Simon Wright
  • Administrator
    • Treffpunkt: Kritik
Re:Captain Future on VHS in North America
« Antwort #1 am: 2. November 2002, 16:42:39 Uhr »
Hi there!

I'm terribly sorry you had to wait so long for an answer.
That's usually not as long as we dare to let members wait - but just with the forum-update and everything ... I wanted to stop time for about 2 weeks to catch up with everything I had to :).

Anyway, welcome to our community!
And here is kind of an answer to your question.
"Kessel" posted this in another forum here:

As to his knowledge the series was shown in the US, but was cancelled soon and never aired all episodes.
The last few VHS-cassettes were sold in supermarkets, but none of it is available today anymore - you cannot order it either.

In Europe Captain Future was aired uncut on some english-speaking channels - completely. One of these channels was AFN (American Forces Network).
But that's all been a lont time ago.

There has been a laserdisc-edition, but with very little issue and it's completely sold out today.
Most of the englisch episodes were cut as well, but just a little. For example to get rid of the japanese fontsymbols.

So, it actually seems, there are no more cassettes or anything available today.
You can watch at eBay.com, whether someone sells his/hers, but they are regarded as collectors' items today, so you'll hardly find any today.

If anyone else knows more, he/she will most likely post in here soon :).
Sorry again, for letting you wait - and sorry for the bad news.

Have a good time!
VSG
"Last year I was the only person I know who had 365 bad days!" Charlie Brown