Autor Thema: VISITORS FROM TIMES BEYOND  (Gelesen 9948 mal)

Offline DAOGA

• Area-Member
  • Simon Wright
Antw:VISITORS FROM TIMES BEYOND
« Antwort #15 am: 7. Mai 2010, 08:51:42 Uhr »
Siwa shook his head. "That´s made for big targets, not microscopic ones like these here. Besides, while I´m using it, I can´t handle my matrix. That wouldn´t do us any good now. I think, it´s best we try to get out now. Leave anybody who´s not trained in matrix fighting at safe distance, and then just we two return, Paul and I, to extinguish this pest."
A strange roar cut off his thoughts. Like the roar of a strong engine, a truck or another machine of this time, but not coming from the streets around the complex where now all kinds of emergency transports had assembled, but from here, the courtyard, somewhere among the hovering dust clouds... it was the work machines parked here, Siwa realized then, which he had believed to be buried under the rubble by now. But the place hat been evacuated, and nobody would have been so mad to return between the collapsing houses just to save some machines...
"You see any bugs?" he asked Paul. They had to be somewhere, but for some time now he didn´t see a single specimen, let alone the clusters he had hoped for. They couldn´t make themselves invisible, could they? And then he got a signal, emanating right before them. Where that roaring noise was still coming from.
"I don´t believe it!" Fox exclaimed. They all didn´t believe it at first. The work machines that had been parked there, half-buried under the debris, were moving. All on their own, with no driver. And when Siwa and Paul checked them, they found them covered with black and gray dots.
"They have found other carriers now." Siwa said, and the others understood. "Too big to miss."
With an evil grin he fired at the furthermost machine, a pickup that tried to free itself from the rubble, its loading space filled with debris-covered tools and construction material -- and looked surprised. Because he saw that his blast had caused just a small hole in the gray-black, nothing more. The power he had fired normally would have sufficed to blow up the whole car.
"Uh oh. Not a good idea, about that clustering. Those critters protect each others! The more there are, the stronger the shields they can muster. Just like we are doing right now."
At this moment the last building went down. But not bursting and crashing like the others. This one practically slumped down, sagged into itself as if it consisted of heated wax or melting thin rubber. And when they checked it, they found it crawling with gray. Another kind of second-generation bug that used the materials at hand to reproduce, and then also joined in attacking the enemies. Already strange structures had begun to arrange themselves in what had been a wrecked building just a few minutes before, things like the tentacles of a giant saquid forming here and there, still absorbing more material, but already trying to move, to raise and reach out for their victims...
When Siwa looked to the chairman he could see the man had tears in his eyes. It must be a shock for him to watch the whole complex destroyed, brand new equipment worth millions of dollars reduced to rubble or into some indefinable moving stuff. And worst of all, he still didn´t knew what caused the effect because he couldn´t see the "bugs". For McKenzie it was just pure horror.
Siwa reached into his pocket, fetching one of the candy bars he´d gotten at the restaurant. He had made the others pocket small cakes and chocolate bars, too, before they had left the place. "Energize, anybody," he munched. "They will attack any minute now. This will be hard."
"What about getting lost right now? Sounds like a good idea to me. All the buildings are down, we should find a way out."
"Sorry, but we can´t leave now. Those things obviously have identified us as enemy, and they will follow us everywhere we go. We would endanger anybody and anything getting in our way. The advantage is, as long they are occupied with us, they won´t spread elsewhere. Single minded, there, in every meaning. We have to take our stand here, till we wipe them out or the cavalry comes."
With a well-directed shot Paul made the oncoming pickup lose both its front wheels, bringing it down hard on its nose. The machine still tried to charge on but caught itself in the debris. Behind it the huge yellow caterpillar roamed on, rammed the backside of the pickup in order to climb out of its own hole and then succeeded, because suddenly the debris underneath started to slide, coming alive from all the "gray" bugs investing it now. In a cloud of dust the machine freed itself and took course on the enemy. Behind it, a more deeply submerged and half-smashed digger roared...
Siwa´s blast hit the hinges of the caterpillar´s huge drag, making it come loose. But again, his blast didn´t do as much damage as planned. Those bug things protected their carriers. Of course, that  wouldn´t stop Siwa from trying to make their little bug lives miserable; he just had to be creative. Thanks to All Existing Gods the training as M-Tec was all about being creative and imaginative, he still had lots of aces up his sleeves. This promised to be good... trick number one.
He formed a round field around the machine and pointed the raw energy of his Level Three into the designated pattern. A whirlwind of pure, white-hot energy formed around the oncoming caterpillar and then imploded, crashed right down at the yellow monster. Let them roast a bit, Siwa grinned in hoping the things´s gas tank would blow, and controlled the state of their shields.
Scot already showed heavy strain, stressed by the sight of that threatening giant mechanical monster out for riding roughshod over them, and he made the typical beginner´s mistake of neglecting the protection under their feet, enabling the bugs to attack from the ground beneath them. Paul had to take over, and the exhausted youth collapsed, not even flinching as Fox caught and held him. When Siwa checked their surroundings again, he discovered a certain pattern within the bug colonies -- lots and lots of gray bugs, but no more black ones than before, and the blacok ones were all single, each of them assembling a bunch of grays around itself in order to control them directly. Obviously, they had interfered just in time to cut into the reproduction cycle of the black ones, allowing only the lesser gray ones to multiply.
He and Paul had started to hold hands, in order to exchange orders and suggestions immediately without wasting valuable time on words. Though able and well-trained in the more peaceful uses of his sphere the Starman lacked the special battle training Siwa had gotten, and had extended after that horrible battle with the Enemy at Nh´Nafress. So the boy took the lead, suggesting hitting here and there, repeatedly controlling the state of their shields in which he had to put more and more energy, since time and again they got showered with what looked like small sentient sand storms trying to penetrate their shield but were in fact clouds of grays, each controlled by one of the black ones... just now he sent a lance made of energy up into the air, to hit the incoming digger with full might from above. At the same time the caterpillar reached them, trying to shove the protecting bubble including the people inside into the last standing remains of a wall.
"Magnetic anchor, Paul!" Siwa ordered with a thought, the same thought showing the Algeiban what he meant. As soon as this anchor, grabbing into the terrestrial magnetic field, was active, no mere caterpillar would be able to move them. But Paul got more with that thought. Just as Siwa collected energy to grab the caterpillar, levitate it and slam it into the ground at a safe distance.
"You think we won´t make it?" the Algeiban asked telepathically.
"We have to. This world and the future, my home, depend on it." was the strained answer. Even chewing at the sweets he had pocketed Siwa could feel them losing more and more energy. His Three was not meant for such labor, for doing so many different things at the same time. Paul did what he could, and Siwa was thankful for it, for him alone they would have lost the cause already. Those tiny bugs he so dramatically had underestimated proved to be a formidable weapon, all right. Memories of that last fight at Nh´Nafress came back, and Paul got it all through their connection, memories especially concerning the end of that fight when two of their group of defenders had paid the highest price to quell that alien invasion.
He felt the calm acceptance of the Algeiban and knew that he didn´t have to ask. Just some last words to Scott, and to the agents who had to take care of the boy... their thoughts got interrupted by Wylie.
"Hey, did you see that?" The agent who still held the panicking McKenzie showed upwards, where the midget pseudo-sandstorms still tried to get through their shield. Just now another one of them suddenly seemed to explode, tiny dust particles raining harmlessly down. And there another, and another... Now first the agents, then the others could hear, over the roaring of the caterpillar that had just tried to bounce back on its wheels, the whizzing of bullets just missing their shield by inches, unerringly hitting the centers of the mini sandstorms. And when Siwa and Paul used their aura-sight, they discovered that each of the bullets, which were augmented with small amounts of matrix-energy, causing a "firefly-effect" in their aura-sight, wiped out one black dot "leader", which left the massed grays helpless. More shots now. And there they came, right over the ruins of the collapsed buildings, a whole troop of men.
"The cavalry is here, guys!" Siwa sighed, exhausted, wishing just to sit down and watch. But of course as M-Tec he had to protect their reputation.
"Full power now!" he ordered Paul. "It will soon be over, this way or another."
His gaze met the Starman´s.
They both knew that they would never tell anybody, not Scott nor the agents or anybody else, of what they just had been about to do -- to use all the power of their matrices to merge with each other, thus creating a new being with the sheer power of a Level Four in order to burn out the bug threat now and forever, both well aware of the high possibility of burning themselves out in the process since none of them, the Level Three apprentice from the future and the simple map maker from Algeiba, actually possessed the psychic abilities to control a Level Four...
But there were times when sacrifices had to be made...
and by the way, it was over now.
Again they started targeting the black dots, more than once outrun by a well-homed shot. Especially the machines got it now, becoming the targets of more and more heavy firepower, as the strange men started to zero in on them, since they were still crawling with bugs. Siwa couldn´t stop to marvel about the nature of their unexpected help, as the men got nearer and he got a better look at them. Cops? Agents of some kind, the colleagues of Fox and Wylie? But for that they were too mixed for this time age, Caucasians, Africans and Asians, young and eager or old and weathered, some of them too wild-looking, with beards and armaments and tattoos and bare, hairy chests and rocker-styled clothes of jeans and fur and leather, others in suits or casual wear but no less dangerous appearing, and all of them armed to the teeth with really big hardware they were more than happy to use, a bunch you wouldn´t like to meet any time of the day, not to mention after dark. And they all had another thing in common.
They all were wearing spectacles. Ray bans fitting the rest of their outfits, but it took Siwa just one aura peek to get the true reason. Those things were matix-augmented, too, probably to enable their wearers to see the black bugs. Still, he admired and envied their marksmanship. To hit such small targets was like hitting a fly in mid-air, thought the boy who, with a gun, never managed to hit a barn door right before his nose. And there was something else. First he wondered how these men just walked in without being afraid of getting infected by the abominable matter-dissolving gray bugs.  But his aura-sight again showed him the truth. Around each of them was a small force field. Much like the ones he himself had used to secure the agents, but these were made for moving around inside them, like full-body-condoms made of energy, matrix-created protective suits.
"Now why didn´t I think of that?" he murmured, displeased with his own stupidity. But again, the Algeiban got what really annoyed Siwa: That he knew well his matrix couldn´t have managed such an abundance of different uses at the same time. He had been so happy when he got his Three just some weeks ago, well knowing how proud it made his teacher Carolus to have such an eager student, and now he already had to learn about the boundaries of his new status. Aaargh!! went Siwas subconscious in helpless frustration.
It made Forrester grin like the famous Cheshire cat.
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Mai 2010, 10:24:09 Uhr von DAOGA »

Offline DAOGA

• Area-Member
  • Simon Wright
« Antwort #16 am: 12. Mai 2010, 08:54:52 Uhr »
Me, agents and no Superman

Who did it? That was the question, as in any good mystery. Protecting a whole troop of men with their own force fields, augmenting their spectacles and ammunition used up so much capacity that whoever did it had to own a High Level matrix, at least a strong Four. Siwa had first thought, Carolus, of course  -- but no. That just wasn´t his teacher´s style. Rye was a lone wolf. He wouldn´t have first got himself an army of non-M-Tecs, sending them forth to wear up the Enemy. He would have come alone, to burn out the pest with his Five all by himself. And by the way, Siwa couldn´t discover anything on the strange men that hinted at his own time, no armband pads, no typical differences in clothing and stuff, not the specific energy signature that sprang from using a time machine. But now he felt a strong signal coming in and could watch what it did. Blue fire emanated from the ruins all around them, first encircling the whole complex and then sweeping inside in one solid front. From all sides it approached, cleansing the ground and the air above it from all black and gray dots and anything else that showed the smallest Enemy trace, robbing them of the unholy strange matrix energy that made them run, reducing them till nothing was left but harmless, clean, single atoms...
The agents and McKenzie did funny looking jumps in order to avoid the blue fire when it reached them, going right through their shield as if it wasn´t even there, but even Siwa and Paul and Scott who were too tired to move didn´t feel more than some electrical tingling when the fire passed right under them. This kind of matrix fire wasn´t meant to hurt real living beings, or burn"clean", un-bugged debris. That´s why the leader of the men and creator of their protection still hadn´t turned up until now, Siwa realized, he had to prepare for this cleansing act, wiping away anything of Enemy origin. And then he saw the man who had caused the fireworks appearing over the ruins.
His eyes went wide, his jaw fell down, and then his knees went weak with relief, and he sat splat on the ground.
"Not a very nice way of greeting. Sitting down on me like that," the oncoming man said with a boyish grin Siwa knew too well. Because it was his own...
Fox and Wylie just stared, then Forrester, his son and the Doc, too.
Because all of them at once noted the striking similarity between Siwa and this stranger. The man was about twenty years older, blond hair down to the waist, now bound to a pony tail, but he resembled Siwa like a father to his son, or even more, like a twin born some twenty years earlier... or like an older time traveler to his younger self...
"Philippe LeGrand." Siwa said.
"Uh no. In this time I run under Thomas A. Richards the Third. But Le Grand sounds nice, too. The Great. I could use that next time, I think." Again this mischievous grin the company present already knew from Siwa.
"Those are your men?" Siwa asked.
"Sure. But you´ve got a nice collection yourself. An Algeiban, his son I suppose, and two Federal agents, one of them the infamous alien hunter George Fox. Not bad. We always had the talent to rally them to the cause, didn´t We?"
"Where did you get that matrix? I first thought it´s Carolus who followed me here."
"A little gift from SETI, you could say." And he showed the blue glowing stone, which he didn´t wear in a ring but imbedded into the hilt of an old-fashioned silver cane he sure didn´t need for walking. He didn´t dare wear the matrix on his body or inside his aura because it was almost too powerful for him, Siwa assumed. It had to be at least a strong Four, maybe a Five. In the eight- or ninehundred years since he´d "lost" his other self, the other must have gained in training his psychic abilities, even without a matrix of his own."
"Seti? Who´s that?"
"A scientific project. Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence. Officially it never was a success, but inofficially..."
"What did you do?"
"Messed around a bit. Made them send certain codes, that only We know about, and stuff like that. And about two years ago I got the response. This little toy was just a part of it."
"What!" Fox exclaimed. "You called aliens here? Are you mad?"
"No, just cautious." Richards explained, especially to Fox. Word of the man´s obsession with aliens must have gotten to him.
"First contact with this species, we call them Benu after the old Egyptian word for "phoenix", is inevitable. They´d already got us on on their checklist, so to speak. But we can bring it on the right way. Benu are beings of energy much like the Algeibans, but much more powerful and extremely dangerous if enraged. Lucky for us they are also extremely curious. I believe they think of mankind the same as a little kid thinks of an anthill -- an interesting thing to play with. If we play nicely they present us with little gifts, like dead animals or twigs that enable us to cross a puddle -- in other words, stuff like advanced gene technology or hyperspace engines. Of course, now and then they also destroy something just to see how we react. But since they own an extremely advanced sense of justice they never hit the innocent. If you see sparks flying with a Benu involved then don´t stop to pray for the victim, because they probably land in a hell of their own design anyway.  Not that you will actually get the chance. I made clear to the Benu it´s much soo early for First Contact, global politics and stuff being what they are. That means as much as you can make something clear to super-powered inhuman critters like them. But since We happen to know a bit of the future, they seem to keep their word."
Anythime he used the audible majesty´s plural, he referred to memories or experiences he and Siwa shared, because they still had been one and the same at that time.
"You alone?" he asked his other self.
"I sent Carolus an emergency call. I hope he got it, or all the rest of the gang will soon turn up here. But since my work here is done... if I jump now, maybe I´ll be back in time to keep them form jumping. But what about them?" He pointed to the Algeiban and his son, well knowing that they were far from being out of the danger that the Government of this time represented by  the agents posed for them. The Fox was still watching over his prey.
"Since you already started to break them in, I think I will take over. All of them, your whole group. No need to let good material waste, eh?" Tom Richards smiled. They watched the Algeiban. After Siwa had killed their protective sphere, Paul Forrester had remembered his duties as a photographer and brought out the camera, and Richards´s men leaped at the chance to get some souvenirs for their family album.
Then they all noticed the giant helicopter that hovered almost silently above them and landed not far away at the brink of the wasted area. A whole group of men got out. Lots of dark suits this time, and one older, white-haired man who looked like the boss of the bunch. The agent´s colleagues. Too late to be of any use, as always, Siwa got a derisive thought from his other self.
"That´s General Wade. Our buddies," Fox asserted triumphally. "Now you´re in for some real questioning!"
« Letzte Änderung: 31. Mai 2010, 10:03:44 Uhr von DAOGA »

Offline DAOGA

• Area-Member
  • Simon Wright
« Antwort #17 am: 17. Mai 2010, 17:42:36 Uhr »
But the greeting was not what he expected.
"Fox! You took a leave without applying?" was the first thing General Wade said when he reached his agent.
"Sir?" The agent obviously didn´t know what his boss referred to.
"Uh, I think you should take a look at yourself in a mirror, Sir," Wylie suggested to his superior loud enough for General Wade to hear.
Fox shot him a questioning look and frowned when the facial expression of his assistant didn´t change to indicate some kind of joke. Then he said to Wade: "Excuse me for a minute, Sir!" and went off in search of the suggested mirror.
Wade discovered Fox´s main target Paul Forrester, who was busy doing shots of a real weird and dangerous looking bunch of men who posed with the proud grin of sucessful big game hunters, cradling big sized weaponry and openend whisky bottles on what looked like the ruins of a big caterpillar lying upside-down. The General ordered his agents to arrest the alien photographer, but quick as lightning the ready guns of the strange men were drawn on the agents, and Wade realized that the crew he had brought with him was hopelessly out-manned and out-gunned. One of the men, who wore just a silver cane instead of a weapon, about forty with blond hair down to his waist, now bound to a pony tail, approached Wade.
"If you want Forrester, you are too late," he told him, grinning without any humor. "I just realized that I´m short one good photographer, and hired him. Permanently. You want a war over him, you can have it."
Wade saw that Forrester put his camera down and wanted to come on to interfere, but got stopped by a blond boy fitting the description of the "angel boy". The resemblance between the man before him and the boy was unmistakable; they had to be related closely, like father and son.
"You are aware you´re interfering with affairs of national security?"
"National security already got served. Without your help, thank you very much. Your men can scrape off the remains, if you like. But nothing more." He said that with calm confidence that made Wade cautious.
"And who are you, if I may ask?" he asked.
"I´m Thomas Adalmar Richards the Third."
"The famous hidden tycoon!" the General burst out, before he could stop it. Of course he had heard of the famous Richards dynasty, the so-called ´hidden tycoons´. More loaded than the Rockefellers, more powerful than the Republican Party, more secretive than the FSA. The FSA-files considered the ´hidden tycoons´ "stuff of lore, legend, phantasm, as real as dragons and unicorns". But obviously there was more to it than just ghosts and phantasms.
"Well, I do like my privacy," the man smiled.
Again an interruption. Agent Fox obviously had found his mirror and discovered why Wade had reacted so strangely at his appearance.
"You little bastard!" he roared, jumping at the blond boy like he wanted to grab and shake and strangle him, stopping short but a few inches of actually touching him, like he had learned better. "What did you do to me?"
Angel boy just grinned. "I´ve told you about the rejuvenating effect. Seems like you are especially receptive to it."
Choleric Fox wanted to go off like a rocket on this, but the boy just grinned wider. "Why do you mind? Others would give an arm and leg for what you got for free. Enjoy it while it lasts."
The agent stood there, speechless, mouth opening and closing wordlessly like a toad´s, carefully watched by a bunch of wild looking, grinning, whisky-guzzling armed men who obviously knew exactly what they´d just talked about. Then, to Wade´s big surprise, Fox suddenly calmed.
"Damn crazy aliens!" he cursed, as much to the men as to the boy, and it sounded like it wasn´t the first time this day. The boy and the men continued to grin.
George Fox shook his head, let off a resigned sigh, turned and came over to his boss.
"Sir, before you decide anything, you´d better hear my report," he said, surprisingly composed.
Wade nodded. Fox had changed positively more than just his looks -- he appeared at least ten years younger, maybe more -- but also his whole attitude. He just fleetingly glanced at Forrester whom he had been obsessed with for the last two years. Things had happened here, much more than met the eye, this was obvious, and the General was eager to find out what had made his most headstrong agent turn around so considerably.
Siwa and Richards suddenly stiffened, like they reacted to some unheard signal, and turned their heads, searching. And then--- Richards´men and Wade´s agents stared to the sky, stunned, one by one they looked up and simply stood, petrified. The others followed their gaze and couldn´t believe their eyes either. There was a man, flying just like superman, without any visible technical gadget, parachute, rocket pack or whatever, but all clad in black instead of red and blue, a black cape flowing behind.
When he approached them they all could see that for the good guy in a comic book he was definitely too ugly -- with his sharp features and beaked nose and his dark clothing and cape and an even darker look on his face he resembled a big death bird in search of fresh carrion. Looking like this he could have well played the role of the big baddie in a Star Wars movie.
He landed softly on his feet in a clear space, taking in his surroundings with a long serene look, the still smoldering ruins, the damage of heavy matrix- and gun fire. Then he shook his head expressly.
The company present noticed with interest the sheepish expression on Siwa´s and his older version´s faces - like they both were waiting for the dark one to give them a well-deserved hiding. Finally Siwa smiled and went to him.
"Gang, meet my teacher, Carolus Rye." he announced.
One of Wade´s agents lost his nerves. A shot was heard. The dark one twitched a bit, and then turned around, very slowly. His gaze searched and found the attacker, his hand moved in a gripping gesture-- and the unlucky agent felt himself snatched and moved forward by an invisible, irresistible force. Carolus didn´t say anything, just stared at the man who fell on his knees before him. After one minute that seemed like eternity to the breathless watching audience he made a move like letting something go, and the agent slumped down, hands on the ground, head hanging. But he didn´t drop dead like the others almost expected, he just looked as though he´d just gone through the wringer. What just had happened, nobody except the participants could even guess, and of the others no one wanted to repeat the experience for sure. God, that dark guy-- was this Darth Vader incarnated or something? And this blond boy was his disciple? Then they felt really sorry for him.
Even such a bad telepath like Siwa could "hear" the thoughts of the men, and they made him smile. None of them besides his other self Richards knew that Carolus was in fact a big softie inside. And that he owned a finely tuned instinct. That he had not killed the agent meant that man wasn´t on the dark side, either. He went to Carolus and stretched his hand out. The small touch sufficed to provide any information Carolus and his pupil wanted to trade. What he got made Carolus shake his head again.
One of these days your head will fall off, Siwa told him wordlessly.
You´re the one who could make me, Rye replied, showing one of his rare short smiles. Joking to defuse the disturbing memory they had just shared, and to enliven the moment.
You did good, he added.
That means, no hiding today? Siwa asked with an impish look, and made himself scarce before his teacher could react, grinning widely.
Only "his" group and Richards knew that they just had had an intensive interview, for they had not spoken a single word, and it had lasted no more than a few minutes. He went over to Scott and his father.
"Isn´t he wounded? That man just shot him!" the boy asked, like his dad looking puzzled and worried.
"A trained M-Tec of Fifth Level like him always wears a lot of shield fields around himself for safety reasons. Too many baddies around who want a piece out of him, you know. One of the shields has caught the bullet. It takes a lot ot actually harm somebody like Carolus, definitely more than a frightened Federal Agent of this time," he told them. Still, he was relieved. Carolus had torn other agents to pieces for less than that. But like their big bosses, the Benu, M-Tecs were supposed to own an extraordinary sense for justice. He hadn´t killed him, he had good reasons.

Offline DAOGA

• Area-Member
  • Simon Wright
« Antwort #18 am: 31. Mai 2010, 09:21:46 Uhr »
Carolus had begun to search the site for traces and data only he could comprehend. The blue fire coming from his matrix that he used to wear imbedded in an intricate ornament at the seal of his cape now flooded and combed the devastated area like a living being, like a million living writhing snakes combined, turning every stone, x-raying every piece of debris, persuading everybody to get out there at once.
They watched fascinated from the margin, chatting low among each other.
"Sir, if I may ask, why are you here?" Fox asked General Wade.
"I got a report of a strange incident just a few hours ago. A boy who was described as "an angel" by the witnesses healed the victim of a car accident, who by chance was a member of the CIA. Nobody important, but the news got on your desk, since there was the mention of the magical words "bright blue light" involved in the miraculous healing. Your secretary couldn´t reach you, and when she learned that I was in the area, she called me. I made a visit at the hospital. The victim couldn´t remember anything, but the police officer who reported the accident told me the witnesses talked about a second boy who fit the description of the Heyden boy and actually had said something about a "Fox" before they both disappeared. I decided to take a look for myself. Then I got you on the phone. You told me your destination, and I ordered the security men of this complex to give bomb alarm and clear the buildings. We were already close, to take over your detainees and take a look for ourselves when we saw the fireworks."
For shot a look at Forrester and the two boys, then to Richards, making sure that none of them nor Richards´men were within earshot, just Wade´s own agents. Silently he began with his report, wondering what Wylie, who was actually a relative of Wade and an avid reader of Science Fiction in his spare time, would later put into his own. For the time being Wylie sat it out as for the last few hours, he just added a keyword here and there, seemingly fluent in paranormal terms.
"If you want me to withdraw from this case or from active duty entirely, since I could be affected or contaminated now in some way, then say so, Sir," he finished. "I know I don´t feel affected in any way , though I realize I made many mistakes from sheer prejudice and traumatic fear. But of course that could be a delusion, planted by the boy or the alien. I must confess, I´m at a loss right now." His face, gray and sad as a rainy day, clearly expressed his emotions. He saw Wade´s lips twitch a bit and didn´t know whether this was displeasure at the gravity of his report or a suppressed smile. But why should the General smile?
"When we reach Headquarters you report in for psychiatric examination. Let the shrinks decide if you´re fit for duty," Wade ordered. Nobody knew it, but he really looked forward to getting that test result. It had been indeed as smile that had made Fox wonder.
He went over to Forrester. They awaited him, Forrester curious, his boy vigilant, but content since Siwa the "angel boy" was standing beside them and Richards approached. Both had proven that they were ready to stand their ground and more than able to protect father and son, if needed.
"I´m General Martin Wade from the Federal Security Agency. Some years ago I ordered Agents Fox and Wylie to bring you in for questioning, since Mr. Fox had convinced me that you both are a threat to national security. But from what I just heard and can see here, that might have been an error on his part."
"Fox is such a dope. I could kick him!" Scott said from the bottom of his heart before his father could think of something.
"Looks to me like he´s contemplating kicking himself. Just look at him, " sneered Siwa. "We really got him thinking, didn´t we?"
"Something nobody managed to do for many years," the General unexpectedly said. They were staring at him, stunned and unbelieving.
"For some time I did believe him to be delusional. But now, since I had a good chance to watch all that happened from above, I´m ready to believe him. Well, almost anything. But I need proof. You will understand that."
"What kind of proof?" Siwa took his role as the Algeiban´s momentarily bodyguard seriously. That General´s got any stupid ideas, he would intervene...
"Well, first of all I think I´ll make my shrink a very happy man. Give it to me, Forrester. Give me all of it, like you gave to Mr. Fox."
"Sir, NO!" Fox yelled as if in unbearable pain and jumped forward. But it was already too late. The Starman had activated his sphere that he had held ready for use, and their hands met.
"Stop, Sir, it´s dangerous!" Fox screamed, desperately -- but Siwa caught him in mid-air with his matrix, and had to put him into a force-field, again, to stop the panicking man from barging in physically. The agent fumed and cursed, the rest of Wade´s men came on, alarmed and guns drawn, while the bright blue light already enveloped their boss and Forrester.
"Calm down, or I´ll have to put you in stasis!" Siwa threatened. "You should know by now that he won´t hurt him!" He meant, of course, that the Starman wouldn´t hurt the General. He wasn´t too sure the other way around. "And you stay back and wait till it´s over!" he ordered Wade´s other agents. "Any disturbance now is dangerous for those two." He pointed towards the glow.
"You´re on his side! He influenced you, and the General, too, I know it!" Fox was on the verge of falling back into his old habits.
"No kind of influencing here. I would have noticed, and my teacher, too. He did it of his own free will. Cool down." With that Siwa touched the force field that held the agent, sending calming waves into the body of the man who was at the brink of a heart attack.
"No, I don´t believe that!" Fox insisted, a little bit more composed but as narrow-minded as ever. His associates watched bemused as he tried to fight the invisible bonds that held him.
"He wants to know the truth, same as you. You should give your superior some credit. Just look at them. The first round of making nice is over, now they have picked their bones and start pulling. Watch it!"
In fact it had developed some other way than that before with Fox. While the agent had been overwhelmed by what he got voluntarily form the alien, the General just stored it to look at it later and craved for more, especially things of scientific or military use. Which the Starman wasn´t so willing to give.
"It looks like they´re fighting each other!" Scott exclaimed. But he´d got more common sense than Fox, he stopped when Siwa waved him to back off. The two men were still locked in their glowing field, eyes closed, bodies at ease, just the hands touching, where the sphere radiated its light.  But their faces showed sudden strain, small drops of sweat appearing on their skin. Scott was too inexperienced to get what the light of the sphere told Siwa, the torrent of data those two were exchanging right now, desperately searching for information they could use to dominate the other in order to protect his son and friends/his organization, his men and his country from any threat the other one might pose -- a game the Algeiban was amazingly adept in.
And then, suddenly, it was over. The light subsided and both men opened their eyes. The General took one step back, wiped the sweat off his face and said admiringly:" That´s one left hook you got there."
Of course he didn´t mean a real left hook, since they never in this few minutes actually did move a limb, lest fight each other physically, but Siwa could comprehend, and he gave the meaning on to Scott. M-Tec talk often used strange metaphors to describe things human language didn´t have words for. The mind struggle they just had watched could be well referred to as a boxing match for the General.
"You gave me some black eyes as well." The Starman grinned back. They seemed to understand each other perfectly.
"No way I could win you over?"
"No way," Richards mixed in, who had watched the duel as well, not trusting these agents since one of them actually had had the nerve to shoot at Carolus. "I could trust you as much as he trusts you now, but I never could trust your colleagues, or your superiors, or your successor. You know best how it works. I will take him, and you can visit him any time you like. I don´t give my men orders who to meet and who not to." He wanted to say more, but he felt a surge. The Starman suddenly radiated such a feeling of happiness, that all active or latent telepaths in the area, Scott, Siwa and his other self, Wade and Wylie and many of Richards´ and Wade´s men, automatically began to smile. The only one refusing to grin "like a baboon", as he told himself, was George Fox. Oh yes, he felt it perfectly with his newfound paranormal sense, but, damn, he was George Fox, still an active member of the Federal Security Agency until Wade or another of his superiors would decide otherwise, and he had never submitted and would never submit to any kind of brainwashing, paranormal or other. But then Siwa, who´d watched him amusedly, started making funny faces at him, and his self control went right through the roof. "Damn it all!" he roared, jumping at the laughing boy who immediately took flight. Wade watched perplexed his fuming and cursing agent chasing the laughing and jeering boy through the wreckage, watched by Richard´s men whose smiles had changed to roaring laughter. "Now what was that about?"
Richards grinned. "Seems your man has issues about letting loose, and Siwa is giving him the treatment. Provides him with an opportunity to let off some steam. Don´t worry, back home he has a genuine gangster to keep him fit, who is much younger and faster than your agent. Fox doesn´t stand a chance to catch up with him. Do I take it that with this all differences are reconciled?"
"Yes, you can. I will personally see that the red flags get removed from Forrester´s file. He´s a free man from now on, and of course," his gaze found Scott, "his son is, too. What are you planning to do with them?"
"Like I said, I could use a good photographer. Having a Pulitzer winner in your personal entourage is not so bad, eh? The boy can visit the best schools, Princeton, Harvard, Oxford... no need to restrict him in any way. For somebody with his abilities the world is an open playground. And later... I guess now that you have found your famous "hidden tycoon" you wouldn´t let me out, too?"
The General grinned back. "Following our files you´re a myth, a legend like dragons or unicorns. Of course I wouldn´t leave you alone till I have you in my private zoo, o you legendary animal!"
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Juni 2010, 09:31:54 Uhr von DAOGA »

Offline DAOGA

• Area-Member
  • Simon Wright
« Antwort #19 am: 8. Juni 2010, 08:41:38 Uhr »
Darth Vader and other family ties

The chase through the wreckage eventually came to an end when Fox stopped, totally winded.
He leaned against a piece of crumbled wall trying to catch his breath, staring at Siwa who waited calm and grinning for him to continue. "Why did you stop me?" he coughed. "It - Forrester - could have killed the General!"
"You now know that he can´t kill. And if he could, so what? Don´t you have more than one General in your agency?" Siwa´s seemingly could blooded answer made Fox pause. Then the agent grinned, too. "You´re always driving me up the wall. How do you do that?"
"You´re making it easy for me. Maybe you should try to think first before you act."
He noticed that Scott had come and waited in some distance, ready to take over the chase in case Siwa got tired. After all, he had much more experience in getting chased by Fox right from the beginning, so he could well call it his birthright, Scott thought.
"So, what´s your connection to this Richards guy?" Fox asked. "He´s one of the relatives of yours you mentioned?"
"You could call it that. He´s the closed relative I´ve got, in this and any other time."
"But how? Is he your dad? Your brother? Your...?" They already suspected it, Siwa knew. But not to the full extent. The truth was even more amazing.
"You wouldn´t believe that. Trust me."
"I´ve learned too much today to deny anything. So, go right ahead."
"Okay", Siwa sighed. He noticed that Wylie also came on, still faithfully carrying out his duty to protect Fox from anybody, including himself. Paul had returned to taking pictures, watched by Richards and the General who were talking.
"Long story in short, beginning with that time machine. That machine is no invention of my time but one of the remains of an alien culture wiped out by the Unknown Enemy some twenty six thousand years ago. When my pals, a historian and a physicist from the University of Orvun - no need to check on that, that´s on a faraway planet - found the thing stashed away in a cave, they didn´t find an user´s guide with it. So they reckoned it to be some sophisticated kind of computer game. They were excited, because in my time - and in yours, soon, too, - any new kind of computer game is the material equivalent of raking in the money, and they always could use more funds for their research projects. They made me try it, because young boys like me are supposed to relish in gaming stuff. And, naive as I was, I agreed. I programmed the thing with the medieval age on Earth, because I had just seen some interesting movie about it on ThreeVee, and wanted to see if this thing - an ancient alien machine that never had been to Earth for all we knew -  could make something useful out of it. I didn´t smell something foul when it asked me if I wanted to have an avatar, because that is what most simulation games of my time do as well - create an avatar, an artificial life form that actually plays the game inside the computer while you are leading it through your moves or button clicking or whatever from the outside. And then, suddenly, I myself was inside the supposed game. At first I believed it to be some especially realistic version of a holographic game, the kind that plays mostly inside your mind, so realistic you can´t tell reality from simulation. It took me some hours to realize that it was no game at all, but true reality. That thing had brought me back in time, right to where I had programmed it to go, the early medieval age, into something that looked exactly like my own body but what obviously was some kind of clone -- the so-called avatar. What happened then, back in time, is not important. But when I finally came back, returned into my original body in my own time, of course I believed that the machine deleted, erased, terminated that avatar that was left in the past. Until, just some minutes later, said avatar came knocking on my door. He looked not like you´ve seen him today but much older, like a well-preserved Egyptian mummy, all wrinkled and leathery, white hair right down to the floor. And he explained it all to me, how he had lived, survived through all the centuries, having a life full of adventures... thanks to the constantly contact with Our matrix for years and Our courses in healing meditations that he somehow got transfused when he got created he had managed to prolong his life-span up to almost sixteen hundred years, give or take some... and he´s still there, in my time, owns one of the most powerful corporations of Our time under the assumed name of Philippe LeGrand. Works a lot with aliens, too. Since his first visit I always wanted to look in on him, but we both have a tight schedule, so until now I never got the chance."
"Did he tell you about this meeting today?"
Siwa shook his head. "No, and I understand why. Because then I didn´t knew about it, it was still hidden in my own future. No need to befuddle me with things that didn´t happen to me yet. You know, we might meet again, and more than once, if I continue to use the time machine. In my own time he wouldn´t mention any of it until it actually happened to me. Too many chances to create a time paradox, if you get what I mean."
Fox kept quiet, he had difficulties digesting that stuff. But to the surprise of his boss, Wylie proved quite as adept in terms that were until now pure science fiction to the two agents.
"Do you plan more time travels?"
"Definitely not. Time travels are dangerous per se. The smallest change in history, and you could land upon return in a parallel dimension of your own time line where anything has changed. I don´t like the idea of going back home and find mutated lizard-men or neanderthals ruling the world just because I squashed some bug in the past. But you know, this was an emergency, and there could be others. I´ll have to decide whether I´m willing to take the risk when the case is at hand."
"Is this," and Wylie made a gesture like he wanted to touch Siwa, but stopped short of actually doing it, "also such an avatar?"
"No, for all I know, it´s my real, own body. I never made that mistake after that first time. I don´t want to spread long-lived copies of myself all over history. One of them is more than enough. -- Would you spread yourself, if you got the chance?"
That made Wylie think hard, they could see it.
"Don´t strain his brain, he could hurt himself," jeered Fox. "What did your clone mean with that, he wants to take us?"
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Juni 2010, 09:22:57 Uhr von DAOGA »

Offline DAOGA

• Area-Member
  • Simon Wright
« Antwort #20 am: 10. Juni 2010, 09:00:11 Uhr »
"He wants you to work for him. Doesn´t necessarily mean that you have to leave your Agency, since both he and your Agency work for the best of your country and for the best of mankind, just with different means, so there is no real contradiction. It´s more like he would like to get your help now and then. For Scott and Paul it´s something else. He can hire them on a legal term, and he said he will. Like I said before, an Algeiban is a rare treat. He would be stupid not to jump on them with everything he´s got. He is me, after all, and knows exactly what he can expect from them."
"But why? Why does anybody need such a private army of his own -- bodyguards, snipers, aliens, anything?"
"Because your future, which is Our past, holds many dangers ahead. There will be times when you will desperately need every able man to brave the coming trials. Remember, he knows what the future could, and should, look like. Our present, your future, may be not the best possible world, but it is definitely not the worst, and We don´t like the idea of messing around trying to make things better only in effect to make them worse. This alien business is just a small part of the whole thing. You will see enough enemies rising spawned by this world. But of course, he prepares for the first contact to other races, too." He smiled when he saw Fox´s face, the frown on it, almost fear at the thought.
"Don´t worry. The first officially contact with aliens won´t happen before the twenty second century, but until then there´s much groundwork to provide. Such things have to get prepared carefully, if you don´t like unpleasant surprises. Our experiences will come very handy then."
He got up. "I can´t tell you more, have told you enough already. Any more could change the future, my home, you know."
"But," Wylie interjected, "this Darth Vader, sorry, I mean dark guy, you said he´s your teacher..."
Siwa laughed. "No need to worry for me, thank you. You just don´t know him. He´s a strong telepath and empath, and like most of his kind he doesn´t like getting touched. So they do anything to look or act so repulsive that nobody dare come close to them, and that´s just the way they like it. They only tolerate each other or lower telepaths, because they are trained to block each other out if the need arises. That big scary act he does only for strangers, in private he´s very humorous and a big softie. You haven´t seen him, going totally to pieces over a hurt insect or a thirsting flower. But that doesn´t mean he can´t be mean, too. That guy who tried to shoot him was really lucky he´s in a good mood today. He´s killed attackers for less than that, you know. He believes that human beings should know better, and if they don´t it´s their own fault what will happen to them."
"How does he do that? Flying, I mean." Wylie showed an almost dreamy expression, as if he imagined flying like that himself. Siwa could fully agree to that, would have had the same dream if not...
"That was not flying. Just levitating. With the powers of his matrix, the same way I used invisible force fields to secure you. When he´s really flying he´s using a so-called gestalt, a kind of flying machine built of pure energy in the form of a giant fire bird. Flying with a gestalt is really cool, because you can actually feel the wind on your wings like a bird would, and you´ve got more that merely human senses. I did it two times as a passenger, and I´m really looking forward to create my own. Now that I own my Level Three matrix that should happen anytime soon. With a weaker matrix it´s not possible. They can´t  stomach the heap of data you need to create a gestalt."
"What are they doing now?" Again, bright blue light started to flood the area, and they had to retreat. This time Carolus and Richards both used their matrices, working side by side, again combing the area.
"Haven´t they enough already?"
But this time it felt different.
"They are cleaning the place. Erasing all traces of matix energy. What we call "traces" are in fact small deformations of reality that can linger on for millions of years. Just a short time ago, on Nh´Nafress when the Enemy attacked, we learned that these deformations can be dangerous. Things from other dimensions could leak through, things not meant to be here, if you get my drift. So it´s new policy always to clean up after you worked with a matrix. They´re doing that right now."
They watched, fascinated.
Wylie looked musingly at Scott, knowing that the sometimes exciting most mostly relaxed, footloose time of hunting aliens was over for now. Soon he would sit at his desk in their bureau writing his report, and then... boring paper work or another new, thrilling assignment, this time without any alien involvement?
"Is it true you healed one of the CIA?"
"CIA? Didn´t know that, I saw just the victim of an accident... they pals of yours?" Siwa asked ironically. He knew that the different agencies of this time, though often working on the same cases, never quite got along with each other. Wylie made a face and Siwa knew the answer.
"The General said that he totally recovered, though the eye witnesses of that accident thought he was a goner. You can do that, heal people? Maybe even bring them back from the dead?"
"Sometimes. My medical training isn´t finished yet. A fully trained M-Tec of high Level can do miracles. That´s why many of us work in hospitals, at least part time." He noticed Scott looking grimly at Fox.
"My Dad healed Fox. Back in Peagrum, when he suffered from a stroke. Biggest mistake he ever made, even my uncle Wayne said that then. But before, when we met a blind girl, he couldn´t help her. Why?"
"Not enough training. He´s Algeiban, after all, still not used to the human body. If he got a Master training in medical science, like we M-Tecs get, he could also do miraculous healings. How long were you on the run?"
"Two years."
"Two years! Gods above!" Siwa shook his head, in the same expressive move they had seen his teacher make. "So much wasted time! With his abilities, he could long have his master´s degrees in medicine." He grinned when he saw Scott´s face.
"Don´t worry, I don´t like the idea of hanging around in hospitals, either. Even a trained healer doesn´t do more than one big or two or three small healings per day, they cost too much energy. There´s still more than enough time left for other things, like other work, hobbies, family... your dad still can work as a photographer, if that pleases him. Now that my other me is watching over you both, he will see to it that people start to appreciate your abilities. He will make sure you two can develop to your fullest potential. But it looks like I really have to go now." He waved to Carolus, who just had finished talking to Richards and now waited impatiently for his pupil to move. They were done here.
"Don´t miss me, guys." he said, especially to Scott and Wylie, well knowing that he would never see them again. "Don´t forget, Richards is me, well, almost me. You want to have another round of fun, better ask now for his number and call him when you´re ready. I´m sure he doesn´t lead a dull life. `Bye!"
He adjusted himself besides his teacher, all others following the order to retreat at a safe distance. Then he and Carolus pulled out their little badges, the tools that, together with their special energetic signature marking them as time traveler, activated the return mechanism -- a bright blue flash -- and they were gone...
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Juni 2010, 09:53:06 Uhr von DAOGA »

Offline DAOGA

• Area-Member
  • Simon Wright
« Antwort #21 am: 15. Juni 2010, 14:31:05 Uhr »
Epilogue - one unexpected visitor to make alien weirdness complete

Carolus was busy transmitting their report to Nh´Nafress, when the human desk officer called.
"Mr. Hendricks, there´s a young lady coming up for you! Wants to talk to you, she said. And what a beauty! Boy, you know how to pick them! Why don´t I ever find someone like that?"
A young lady? A beauty? Human females still were rare at Dhoan-Sek, and Siwa didn´t know anybody among the few who would fit the description of a "beauty". He also couldn´t remember expecting any visitor today, female or not.
When she entered he understood what the man had meant. She was a beauty, all right, looking no older than eighteen, platinum blonde hair, deep blue eyes... but her powerful aura betrayed her as an M-Tec Master of very high Level. So her appearance was either a mirage, a matrix-created illusion, or one of the clone bodies M-Tecs were entitled to when their own bodies grew so weak and fragile that even the powers of their matrix failed to guarantee their survival.
She noticed his perplexed look, jaw lying somewhere on the floor, and laughed.
"Don´t you remember me?" she asked, jokingly.
Jenajra? The only other woman as gorgeous whom he had ever met, and she had been a Draina-hybrid, but this woman was definitely not Draina, he would have felt that.
"When we met the last time, I looked different. I was a boy then."
Snake-Eye? But he was just a First Level apprentice, no way even for him to become a Master in just a few months. And then it sunk in, when the girl opened her aura a bit, and he could feel that typical Algeiban trait. For him they just had parted two hours ago... "Scott? Scott Heyden? Is that really you?"
Carolus paused, took a peek, issued a silly laugh and continued with his report.
"I am. Hi there. Gimme five!" And they greeted as boys do.
"But you... how did you do, all those centuries? How is your dad, still asking your hide off? You still with Richards, or LeGrand, as he calls himself today?"
She laughed. "Now it´s you doing the questioning here. Well, my Dad finally settled down a bit. Still brings on a queer theme now and then, but not so often now. Right now he´s back on Algeiba, after he lost his last body to age. He´s quite the celebrity there with all the stories he can tell. I was with him for some time, while they were preparing this body for me," she caressed it lovingly in a way anybody else would have called obscene, but not these two M-Tecs who were used to much stranger things. "But I left when it became too weird for me. I will still need a few visits there before I become accustomed to it all. My Algeiban grandparents were nice, yes... but weird! And the speed at which everything here happens! I felt like a klutz. Like a snail with paraplegia. I´m really happy to be back in a nice slow human body now. By the way, this is my second female. Next time I will switch back to male, I think, when it´s time for it again. Maybe back into a clone of my original, Scott Heyden. I stashed away some original genetic material, you know. Same as my Dad. Maybe he will come back as Paul Forrester when he returns from Algeiba, then we could nostalgically celebrate the old times as father and son. Your first human body is something you never forget, like your first kiss or the first car you experienced with it."
"And Fox, and his mindless minion, what was his name?"
She sighed and became earnest. "They soon after left their agency to work with us and Richards. But they continued to work as account executives to the General, which came in handy more than once in the times to come. They were for a long time with us, much longer than they normally would have been around, until they finally went on..."
Her face was sad now. "I would never have believed then, that one day I actually would miss George Fox, or Benjamin Wylie, his "mindless minion" who wasn´t so mindless at all but really very funny. You wouldn´t believe the times when he made fun of the General, who was in fact a close relative of his... he visited us often, too, not just for business, but to chat or spar with my Dad. They did this mind boxing, as they called it, as a kind of habit. The General said it was good training for his kind of business, helped him to deal with some heavy cases he got over the years. The Nine-Eleven, you know, and stuff like that. All of that´s now just material in dusty history books, would you believe that? Makes you really wonder... Soon after the Mallingard complex incident, while working for your avatar, Dad and I found my Mom, and started having a real family life after all. Mom and Dad soon made like rabbits until Mom got too old to pick another brat out of her nose. Which took a lot longer than with other women, aging I mean, because Dad did copy that "rejuvenating" trick of yours and tried it with interesting effects... and Fox - would you believe it? - Developed into an able ersatz-grandpa! I clearly never imagined something like that when they were still hunting us, hounding us like the darkest reapers from hell. You know, you got the eternal gratitude of my whole clan for turning him around. What the hell did you do to him, anyway?"
"Just gave him what he craved for. Filled him up with everything I know about aliens," Siwa grinned. "That guy was the worst case of insecurity I ever met. There were some incidences in his past that resulted in people he cared for being hurt and dying, and his country threatened and humiliated. They were not his fault, of course, anybody including me would have confirmed that, but he wouldn´t believe it. When he first met your father it all came back and he was afraid that history would repeat itself, this time resulting in even more death and destruction if he failed again, and he didn´t want to carry this responsibility. But he still volunteered and got the job, much to his dismay. He tried to camouflage his feelings, gritted his teeth and played the fierce hunter, intending to hand over everything concerning the issue to his superiors as soon as he got you two. I just showed him the easy way out, how to make sure for himself that you weren´t the threat he imagined you to be. My pal John Corner taught me how to drown somebody in facts. Worked with that stubborn agent all right."
"That it did." She grinned back. "He was totally changed ever after, but he still kept a close eye on us. "Watching his own personal breed of aliens," he continued to say right to his last day, but this time in a joking sense. Mom of course first wouldn´t have him at all near the little ones. She jumped at him like a wild tigress any time he tried. It took a long time for her to realize that he was really sorry. Today I know he honestly tried to make up for what he had done to Mom and me all those years, by spoiling my siblings silly among other things."
She sighed again, lost in memories. Then she smiled mischievously, peeking over to Carolus. "You free today? What about a little stroll, have some fun, pretend some evil FSA agents are after us?"
Carolus didn´t mind, he just signalized "Have a good time." And so they went off, giggling and in high spirits, because they were already scheming to pay the local Embassy of Earth a little visit in order to lure out some unsuspecting new agents and make the poor sods play the roles of George Fox and Benjamin Wylie...

THE END
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Juli 2010, 12:15:35 Uhr von DAOGA »

Offline DAOGA

• Area-Member
  • Simon Wright
« Antwort #22 am: 15. Juni 2010, 17:29:05 Uhr »
So, das war mein erstes Machwerk hier, weitere werden folgen. (Achtung! Dies ist eine Erpressung! Faxen Sie sofort eine Million an folgende Nummer...  ;D  )
Wie kam ich auf die Geschichte? Nun, zugedröhnt von einer ganzen Ladung klasse Fanfiction zur Serie "Starman", die ich zufällig entdeckt hatte (www.starmanet/com), dachte ich, sowas will ich auch mal versuchen. Für den ersten zaghaften Anlauf mußte der Held meiner eigenen Serie "2772" als Einsteiger herhalten. Zuerst dachte ich noch, nö, diese drei Vollzeit- bzw. Teilzeit-Aliens auf einen Haufen, das kann ich Fox nicht antun, die rollen ihn auf wie´n Teppich... aber die Versuchung war am Ende stärker.  ;D
Daß der Typ sich in einigen der anderen Fanfics total unausstehlich aufgeführt hat, mag auch ein Grund gewesen sein.  :-X

Was gibt´s als nächstes? Zum Ausgleich zuerst mal was auf Deutsch, ein "2772"-Standalone, dazu dort mehr. Danach meine zweite Starman-Fanfiction, wo ich schon ein wenig mutiger war (ohne Siwa, dafür mit einem winzigen "Verbeugerchen" Richtung Captain Future - werdet Ihr merken, wenn es soweit ist). Und danach... keine Panik, Schreiben macht süchtig, und ich bin mittlerweile der totale Junkie.  :P  Weitere wüste Stories sind in Arbeit!

Und jetzt hoffe ich, daß von Euch mal ein Feedback kommt. Bisher habt Ihr Euch ja fromm zurückgehalten. Oder haben etwa die Mods dafür gesorgt, daß die Sturzbäche flammenden Protestes sich nicht ergießen konnten?  [wallbash] Hmmm.....? ? ?
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Juni 2010, 17:38:48 Uhr von DAOGA »